Summer Is Coming

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Summer Is Coming » Health, Flippancy, Fun, Everything Else » The push to be vegetarian or vegan

The push to be vegetarian or vegan

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

There's a lot of attention given to reducing meat, even eliminating it from our diets, and rather eating plants. As a former vegetarian, I have learned the error of my ways, and have no intention of reverting to that diet. I think that most people need meat in their diets. It's just a question of trying to find meat from reputable sources, I suppose. :)

I see this a long time ago. As someone who gets very ill on a veggie/vegan  diet  I cannot understand  how people say its the most healthiest diet.
But I have noticed  99% of those people are young people and I find the body very forgiving   until you hit middle age and then  its really lets you know its not happy with your choices.

They are pushing the idea that meat causes cancer  so how is it the less meat  we eat the more cancer is diagnosed?   My grandparents  had meat everyday had lots of fat everyday and were the last healthiest generation   My parents generation  were those who  started skipping  cooking from scratch in favour of these new processed foods, my generation  was the one who was scared off from eating fat in favour of carbs.. and down went our health and up went our weight. My sister was all for fat free (high carb)  food  just like most of our generation. we had much less meat  having more than  a few meat free days a week   and yet we are all dropping like flies from cancer, from autoimmune diseases, chronic illness.

We are imo being made ill,  most just ill enough that we are on pills and potions  but not ill enough to die.   surely there has to be more to this than just making phama rich?

Depopulation?  That could be why they are not concerned  about so many dying,  half dead the other half on pills  that cost a fortune
We are told we are living longer. I find that hard to believe,  I did read somewhere the figures are screwed as they take into account  infant mortality  we know infants  do not die at the rate they did before.  My granddad was one of 12 children and he was the only one who lived past 3yo. 

Maybe someone here with more ability to do figures than I am  could look into this for me?  would be very grateful.

+1

Well, of course meat causes cancer. EVERYTHING causes cancer because it's full of poisons. People talk about living a "healthy lifestyle" but that's impossible when everything you eat has poison in it, when you're surrounded by insane levels of radiation, and when cars and factories are blowing poisonous smoke into the air. What people call a healthy lifestyle is just a lower level of unhealthy.

Just as an extra argument of how poisonous our surrounding are: Smoking cigarettes has of course always been very unhealthy. Only someone who lives in complete denial would argue that sucking nicotine and tar into your lungs wouldn't cause damage. Having said that, people have been smoking for hundreds of years, but the ratio of cancer, including lung cancer has never been as high (and rising) as it has been for the last half a century or so. That to me proves that the body can take a lot, and that it can be forgiving if it has to deal with just one problem. But when you keep piling up all kinds of things that are unhealthy (smoking, drinking, junk food, stressful life, poison in foods and "medicine", radiation, etc.) it will inevitably break down under the non-stop onslaught.

Last edited by Mockingjay (12th Jan 2017 09:55 am)

+1

Kizzie wrote:

I see this a long time ago. As someone who gets very ill on a veggie/vegan  diet  I cannot understand  how people say its the most healthiest diet.
But I have noticed  99% of those people are young people and I find the body very forgiving   until you hit middle age and then  its really lets you know its not happy with your choices.

They are pushing the idea that meat causes cancer  so how is it the less meat  we eat the more cancer is diagnosed?   My grandparents  had meat everyday had lots of fat everyday and were the last healthiest generation   My parents generation  were those who  started skipping  cooking from scratch in favour of these new processed foods, my generation  was the one who was scared off from eating fat in favour of carbs.. and down went our health and up went our weight. My sister was all for fat free (high carb)  food  just like most of our generation. we had much less meat  having more than  a few meat free days a week   and yet we are all dropping like flies from cancer, from autoimmune diseases, chronic illness.

We are imo being made ill,  most just ill enough that we are on pills and potions  but not ill enough to die.   surely there has to be more to this than just making phama rich?

Depopulation?  That could be why they are not concerned  about so many dying,  half dead the other half on pills  that cost a fortune
We are told we are living longer. I find that hard to believe,  I did read somewhere the figures are screwed as they take into account  infant mortality  we know infants  do not die at the rate they did before.  My granddad was one of 12 children and he was the only one who lived past 3yo.

Maybe someone here with more ability to do figures than I am  could look into this for me?  would be very grateful.

Kizz, you are so right. Young people think they know everything, it's one of the perks of being young. :D :D I began my foray into vegetarianism as an upbeat and determined youngster, and many years later, the soya came home to roost. Sorry, I couldn't write chickens, it didn't seem right. :D :D I eat all meats now. I prefer the less meaty meats, but meat is filling, keeps me balanced. I would get hungry quickly when a vegetarian, as you have noted yourself from those in your family who are veggie.

My parents always cooked from scratch but they did think that fat was bad, because that's what the media was saying. I also thought this was true, and studiously avoided fat. LOL, I now eat loads of it. I also avoided salt, which I stopped a few years ago, and make sure I have salt daily. Ignorance is very pricey, it makes life so damned shit.

We have longevity shown by some of our family members....there are a few relatives who have lived into their 90's. Others were finished with life at a much younger age. One of our relatives smoked all her life, drank coffee, ate stodge, meat and fats, and lived to be about 96 I think.

When I pass through graveyards, I always read the really old tombstones, the ones from the 1700s and 1800s, and there are a good number of people who lived to their 80s and 90s....I think an optimistic outlook is probably the best way to live long. I don't mean live in dreamland, I mean have fun every day, laugh with the children, watch comedies, enjoy time with our pets, things like that. Things that warm us up emotionally, and keep the fire within us going. :) :)

Excellent nutrition also plays a role too. I think that we were made to eat a variety of foods, not just the same old foods all the time. I try to eat a lot of different foods too...sometimes I have to snap myself awake when I've been eating the same things repeatedly, and make sure I do better.

Mockingjay wrote:

Well, of course meat causes cancer. EVERYTHING causes cancer because it's full of poisons. People talk about living a "healthy lifestyle" but that's impossible when everything you eat has poison in it, when you're surrounded by insane levels of radiation, and when cars and factories are blowing poisonous smoke into the air. What people call a healthy lifestyle is just a lower level of unhealthy.

Just as an extra argument of how poisonous our surrounding are: Smoking cigarettes has of course always been very unhealthy. Only someone who lives in complete denial would argue that sucking nicotine and tar into your lungs wouldn't cause damage. Having said that, people have been smoking for hundreds of years, but the ratio of cancer, including lung cancer has never been as high (and rising) as it has been for the last half a century or so. That to me proves that the body can take a lot, and that it can be forgiving if it has to deal with just one problem. But when you keep piling up all kinds of things that are unhealthy (smoking, drinking, junk food, stressful life, poison in foods and "medicine", radiation, etc.) it will inevitably break down under the non-stop onslaught.

Last edited by Mockingjay (Today 09:55 am)

Well said, Mockingjay. :) You know on the DIF, a few people have argued that smoking is being stamped out by the establishment because apparently it's healthy. :D :D Ancient peoples smoked plants, but I don't think we can compare nicotine and the shit in ciggies to actual plants. :D

It's true, not only do we live in a very polluted world, we also tend to eat low levels of anti-oxidants, we make low levels of glutathione, we eat poorly so we cannot make the enzymes needed for the liver to eliminate toxins, we are lacking in those substances that enable us to detox naturally, but abundant in substances (heavy metals, toxins, sugars, radiation?) that prevent good health too. We also have so much endocrine disruption from multiple sources, I'm not surprised that people are getting more ill.

On Sunday Brunch today, they had a woman called Andrea who is a chef or owner at a vegan restaurant in London. They all tasted some horrible vegan foods. They looked great, and they loved the food. Andrea was asked about vegans and vegetarians getting enough protein, and of course she cited the old "elephants, giraffes etc. are some of the biggest animals, and they eat nothing but plants". What a load of shit. LOL, vegans don't want to use silk because "all those poor worms working all day long" said Andrea. Keith Lemon was on the show, and he was flabbergasted about people loving worms. Hahaha. These people pushing their vegan and vegetarian diets are dangerous.

You are here » Summer Is Coming » Health, Flippancy, Fun, Everything Else » The push to be vegetarian or vegan